Grade 7 Inclusion
Week of November 5, 2018
The 13 Colonies
This Week: Colonial History Culminating Activities
United States History Textbook, PDFs (newer version of our book)
United States History Textbook Resources (our book) on the Useful Links page
Topic 1: Slope Test Wednesday
Review Notes and Examples Daily!
See Supplemental Notes on Class Handouts Page
Use ixl.com log in to access ONLINE PRACTICE
See starred items and "Recommendations"
Coming Soon! Students use ConnectEdonline log in to access ONLINE PRACTICE (Class: Heredia) assignments and textbook online.
New independent reading selection
Vocabulary: NO Vocab THIS WEEK
Unit 2, Part 2 (vocabulary and spelling) and "Write It!" NEXT WEEK
Work due on Friday, 11/16; Vocabulary test on Friday!
Flashcards due Tuesday
Spell WW vocabulary words
Visit your Learning Ally bookshelf today!
Use last year's sign in, or see Mrs. Heredia
VISIT IXL.COM LANGUAGE ARTS
Try starred items in Grade 7 Language Arts
Interactions among Human Body Systems
Sensory Messages to and from the Brain
See Mrs. Olsen's Google Classroom for assignment details (Open book, open note Posttest, etc.)
Please Note: Homework posted on the Homework Calendar page generally reflects homework assigned in the regular education classrooms unless otherwise noted. IEP modifications/adaptations are implemented though not posted, as they are unique to each student.
- Weekly vocabulary
- Editing and grammar practice
- Guided and independent reading
- Writing (sentences, paragraphs, stories, etc.)
- Homework Monday through Thursday (generally workbook pages)
- Quizzes and tests
- Classwork, including Stations: Tech It, Read It, Draw It, Match It
- Quizzes, tests
- Labs/In class projects
How can you help your student?
- Encourage reading in a variety of print formats (novels, magazines, how to books, instructions, recipes, appropriate internet articles, etc.)
- Allow a few minutes a few times per week for practicing basic math facts (multiplication/division, addition/subtraction).
- Model math and reading skills, i.e., talk aloud as you work through figuring discounts at the store or discussing something you've read.
- Encourage visits to my Useful Links page where they will find both practical, yet entertaining ways of getting the practice they need.