What can parents do to make sure their child is ready for Kindergarten at Holly Hills School?
Make sure your child can:
- identify numbers from 1-10 - out of order
- identify letters - out of order
- write their name
- put on and take off their own coat (zipper, snap, etc)
- tie their own shoes (or wear slip-ons)
- know how to use the bathroom on their own (clothing, washing hands, etc)
- sit quietly in a chair or on the floor (criss cross)
- open their own lunch (juice box too!)
Things to help:
- play board games with your child - Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders. They will not always win games at school and they need to know how to deal with that. They also need to know that they will not always get the game piece/color they want.
- Spin a spinner
- Roll dice
- Swing on a swing (there is no one to push at recess)